Additional Emergency Funds

Heidi H. Goldsworthy, Director of the Office of Financial Aid, sent out an email regarding additional emergency funds that are available for students.

Congress passed the CARES Act, a grant that ranges from $300 to $1500 based on the student’s need and amount requested, as a means to financially assist colleges and universities with student emergency costs. The U.S. Department of Education has placed specific regulations on funds for this emergency grant. For students to receive an immediate emergency grant from the CARES Act, the student must have a FAFSA filed for the 2019-2020 academic year or be eligible to receive federal financial aid. The deadline to file for FAFSA for either year is June 30, 2020. 

Stetson University has allocated the remaining funds from federal, state, and institutional sources to begin providing emergency assistance to students. The Office of Student Financial Planning developed a COVID-19 emergency fund to gather requests from students to provide assistance for financial obstacles. These obstacles may include technical issues, relocation costs, food, rent, utility, and other monthly costs. This campaign has already raised $62,000. 

Students who are eligible to receive emergency grants can receive these funds for this current semester, the summer semester, or the upcoming fall semester. In addition to the FAFSA, students should complete the COVID-19 appeal form.