Stetson COVID-19 Updates – 4/7

Student Counseling Services changes its services during COVID-19

You may call Administrative Specialist, Nicole Currie (386-822-8900) to schedule a telephone appointment (386-822-8900) during office hours: Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m

• Reach out to Student Counseling Services for access to Hatter Pantry 
    • You may also get access from Public Safety (386-822-7300)
  • If you are experiencing an immediate mental health crisis, call WellConnect (833-848-1765).
  • If you wish to donate to the Hatter Pantry for COVID-19, you may do so at Public Safety anytime or donate money to Hatter Pantry online. 
  • For additional assistance regarding the Hatter Pantry, contact Nicole Currie. 

Dean of Students: Virtual Office Hours on Tuesdays 12-1 p.m.

• Lynn Schoenberg, Dean of Students, will still continue to hold office hours on a weekly basis on Tuesdays from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m for students this spring semester. 
  • To access office hours, log in to this Microsoft Teams group
    • This link is open to all students digitally.

Academic Changes

At 2:46 p.m. yesterday,  Tuesday, April 7, Noel Painter, Ph.D., Executive Vice President and Provost, sent out an email update regarding summer classes, camps, and other experiences that will most likely be impacted both educationally and residentially. 

• All classes that are currently scheduled as in-class during the summer sessions 1 and 2, will now either be online or possibly canceled. All other camps that starts on June 14 or before are either canceled, postponed, or conducted virtually. For summer session 3 and camps that begin after June 14, decisions will be made no less than 2 months before they start. 
  • In regards to international travel for students, the university will not sponsor any study abroad programs, conferences, or presentations for students and faculty that start before June 30. The Professional Development Committee and Associate Provost Richards are working to provide appropriate options for students who were awarded research and travel grants that are impacted by this restriction. 
  • In regards to domestic travel for students, the university will not sponsor domestic travel for students that commence on June 30 or before.
    • For students on the SURE grants, Associate Provost Richards will be finding an alternative option. 
  • Stetson showcase has been canceled, so faculty should hold classes on April 14. 

Stay updated with Stetson’s COVID-19 Website and check your Stetson email for the most updated information.