The Well Team: Providing the Tools to Bring out the Best in You!

Eleanor King, Sports Editor

The Well Team serves as a resource of certified peer educators, including both students and a faculty advisor, who organize a series of events and educational tabling opportunities on all topics health and wellness related. Dylan Anthony, a member of The Well Team, describes the goal of the program as “starting the conversation on topics that may be difficult to discuss.” 

As a Valentine’s special, The Well Team will be engaging in “Love your body week.” The occasion will kick off with a ladies night out on Monday, February 13th, in the Hollis Center, where the gym will be reserved for women to come work out together. During the scheduled time, there will be trainers teaching how to use equipment and a yoga session. The rest of Valentines week, February 14th-17th, will include a meal prep workshop, a movie night on the green, and free STD/HIV testing at the annual Relationships Fair. 

The Well Team is big on collaboration with outside organizations, such as PACT (Peer Advisory Council for Title lX) and the counseling center, to offer a variety of opportunities for students. Once a month, they coordinate with Paws Therapy Dogs to bring furry friends into the library for a chance to decompress alongside some furry friends. 

A new series called Produce of the Month launches this semester, where peer educators will take turns choosing a different fruit or vegetable to highlight in a tabling event. Each session will focus on the nutritional aspects of the selected food item and highlight a recipe incorporating the product. 

Stress Less Week will wrap up the spring semester, with giveaways and activities to ease the tension of finals week. 

Interested in being involved with the Well Team? Volunteer positions are always open, with team meetings occurring biweekly. Information about Well Team events can be found on both the Stetson events calendar and @thewellteam on Instagram.