Your ultimate guide to everything you need throughout the school year

Brandpoint (BPT)

(BPT) – Back-to-school peak shopping season may be over for this year but as any parent will tell you, back-to-school shopping never ends in August. Kids are always in need of new supplies and the guide below will help you navigate last-minute shopping trips. Follow this four-step plan and stock up on these must-have items now, so when your student starts asking for them in a month or two, you will be ready.

1. Notebooks

Even though technology has become more present in the traditional classroom, there is still a place (and a need) for old-fashioned, paper notebooks. However, notebooks fill up quickly and as the school year rolls on, there is always a need for many of them. Confirm with your child’s teacher the preferred notebook — for example, some favor loose-leaf paper while others favor composition notebooks — and load up on the materials now to make sure your student is not missing any notes. Staples has a wide variety of notebooks that include fun and inspirational designs that will fit every need, personality and taste.

2. Pens & Pencils

Somewhere there is a void full of lost pens and pencils because, as hard as you may try and despite the cool pencil cases, kids inevitably misplace them. Take a walk down everyone’s favorite aisle at Staples and stock up now on blue and black ink pens and Number 2 pencils to save yourself the mad hunt in the future … and why not some colorful gel pens?

3. Backpacks

Backpacks are in for a long year with hard work, heavy books and homework hauls. For students who like to play rough, the backpacks are likely to get ripped, frayed or stained before the year is over. Keep a back-up backpack on-hand so schoolwork and supplies always have a safe place to live, or you can subscribe to Staples’ SquareTrade protection plan that will guarantee a price match for that damaged backpack. Staples is your one-stop shop with the widest selection of backpacks. Younger kids will love the animal prints including llamas, sharks or French bulldogs, and older students will appreciate the chic designs, like the Newbury Quilted backpack or the Windsor Backpack. Regardless of age or grade, Staples has a backpack for everyone.

4. A few final necessities

With the fundamentals out of the way, do not forget to consider some extra essentials. Purchase an additional lunch bag, since the first one will likely be forgotten somewhere at school and never found. It also does not hurt to have another calculator on-hand, so there is no excuse for incomplete math homework. Finally, there is always a surprise project, so grab extra colored pencils, glue, markers and erasers so your student is prepared and can let their creativity shine. Since every in-store Staples purchase is reassured with the 110% Price-Match Guarantee, you can be confident that you are getting the best supplies for the best price.

With these four essential shopping tips, you can rest assured that your student is set up to take on upcoming projects, exams and field trips. If you do not remember it all, do not worry! Staples has supplies in-stock all season long.