Important Updates for Students as of 4/7

Vivianne Skavlem, Writer - The Reporter

As of 2:46 p.m. today, Executive Vice president and Provost Noel Painter, Ph.D sent an email to students containing the following important updates:

• Summer sessions 1 and 2 will transition to online instruction; Session 3 is to be determined. All other camps starting on or before June 14 are being canceled, postponed, or converted to online. Camps beginning after June 14 are to be determined.
  • International travel scheduled on or before June 30 has been canceled. This includes study abroad, research opportunities, or presenting at an international conference. The Professional Development Committee and Associate Provost Richards are working to provide options for students whose research or travel grants were impacted.
  • Domestic travel will not be supported by the university for experiences happening before June 30. For students with Stetson Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) grants. Associate Provost Rosalie Richards is looking at options for research experiences with SURE funding.
  • The Stetson Showcase is canceled, so faculty will be able to hold classes on April 14, 2020.
  • Deadlines for dropping a class without academic penalty and electing the pass/fail option will be extended until the last day of classes, April 29.
    • Pass/fail means that students who end with a grade of D- or higher, a P credit is earned and the class will have no impact on GPA. If a student ends with a failing grade, it will be recorded as an F, no credit will be earned, and the F is included in your GPA.
    • For the spring 2020 semester only, undergraduate students may elect to take as Pass/Fail any course that normally awards a letter grade of A through F. Courses in a major or minor as well as foundation courses and junior seminars may be taken pass/fail. Students can take any number of courses as pass/fail, and these would not count against the two course pass/fail policy after spring 2020.