CUB Dedication and Ribbon-cuttting Ceremony

January 17, 2019

The official dedication and ribbon-cutting ceremony for the renovation of the Carlton Union Building will be on Friday, January 18, 2019. Come to the front steps of the CUB at noon to join the celebration.

After the ceremony, there will be an op[en house and tours of the new building. The ribbon-cutting ceremony marks the completion of a years-long renovation of the CUB, first built in 1957. The $30 million dollar reconstruction added over 30,000 square feet to the previous 52,000 square feet of the building, enlarging the Commons dining hall, the Bookstore, coffee shop and spaces for students and student organizations.

The renovation has come in phases. The Commons dining hall expansion was completed in time for classes this past fall 2018 semester; besides added space, new additions included more food options such as a meal station which avoids the top eight allergens. The most recent completion, the coffee shop, was opened in January 2019 in time for the spring semester.

Hatter Network • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

Hatter Network intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Hatter Network does not allow anonymous comments, and Hatter Network requires a valid email address. Hatter Network will review comments before they are posted to ensure they meet these guidelines. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.
All Hatter Network Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *