Stetson COVID-19 Updates – 6/10

Community Safety

• The Safer Campus Task Force (SCTF) is working on protocols and plans for personal protective equipment, residential life, dining, athletics, and recreation.
  • The SCFT ordered a large quantity of hand sanitizer stations for common areas and designed informational signs.

Guide for Returning to On-Campus Work

The Guide for Returning to On-Campus Work is being established by the SCTF and will be available online soon. This guide includes a phased plan for returning to campus and resources for the basics of preventing COVID-19, self-screening, the university’s cleaning process, as well as the process for screening visitors.

Guest and Visitor Protocols 

The Office of Admissions has resumed daily visits from Monday to Friday in the morning and afternoon with a newly-established protocol:

• There will be smaller groups of no more than nine visitors and a tour guide or student ambassador.
  • Tours will be taken to the north side of the Carlton Union Building, Gordis Hall, Sage Hall, and part of the Lynn Business Center.
  • Before arriving on campus, all visitors must have submitted a screening form. Upon arrival, all visitors will have their temperature checked. Any guests with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will have to reschedule their visit.
  • Student ambassadors and visitors should be wearing face masks. Face masks will be provided for guests if they forgot one.

Budget Priority Working Group 

The COVID-19 Budget Priority Working Group was expected to have finalized recommendations and a budget report for President Libby and President-elect Roellke on June 12. This group is still working on their final recommendations.

Stay updated with Stetson’s COVID-19 website and check your emails for updated information.