Safer Campus Task Force Update (SCTF)

Stetson has been making plans for the return of students, staff, and faculty to campus. SCTF is advising the operational elements, like programs necessary for Fall 2020. For decision-making, the Safer Campus Task Force Update (SCTF) prioritizes health and safety following protocols and guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Florida Department of Health (DOH). The CDC is also working with medical experts at the NCAA to inform recommendations regarding athletic competitions and training.

List of protocols that have been established are being actively developed for Fall 2020: 

Personal protection: 

• One reusable mask will be provided to each person in the community. Masks should be washed after use.
  • Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided to workers and student-athletes. 
  • Disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, and cleaning supplies will be available.  
    • Hand sanitizer will be placed throughout the university in commonly used spaces.
  • The installation of plexiglass barriers is currently being considered.

Cleaning protocols from facilities

• Surfaces in common spaces that are touched often (doorknobs, light switches, countertops) will be cleaned more often.
  • Increased frequency of cleaning bathrooms. 
  • Review and modification of custodial schedules to manage increased cleaning frequencies as campus locations re-open.

Health care 

• A detailed protocol that includes support from Health Service, the DOH, campus professionals, Residential Living and Learning, and Human Resources is in place for community members who may have COVID-19 or may have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19. 
  • Options for expanded testing for the presence of COVID-19 are being considered and there is a screening process for all university members and visitors.
  • Students, staff, and faculty on all campuses have access to Health Service (386-822-8150) during regular office hours, from  8 a.m. to12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. For after-hours COVID concerns, please call Public Safety (386-822-7300). 

Campus-wide signage, information, and resources: 

• Six-foot social distancing markings on floors in commonly used spaces. 
  • Posters and yard signs will be placed around campus.
  • Information and updates on COVID-19 will be promoted on social media. 
  • Videos will be created to provide information on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19, what to do if you feel sick, the importance of cleaning commonly used spaces, etc. 
  • An updated and re-designed COVID-19 website is being developed.

Gatherings

• Limits on the size of gatherings will be evaluated throughout the summer and next semester and a social distancing policy is being implemented.
  • Guidelines for wearing a mask are being reviewed.
  • There is a consideration for reopening physical spaces for the summer.
  • Options for residential spaces are being considered.
  • A virtual FOCUS Orientation and new student check-in are being organized.

As the upcoming semester approaches, it is encouraged to send the SCTF recommendations and suggestions.