Think Fast for Intramurals

The first intramural season is up and running, but more fun teams are available throughout the year

Allie Wilson, Sports Staff

Don’t let the season pass you by

• Flag Football
    • Season: Oct 21 -Nov 14
    • Registration: Closed (Oct 4 – Oct 18)
  • Futsal Soccer
    • Season: Oct 22 – Nov 14
    • Registration: Closed (Oct 4 – Oct 18)
  • Sand Volleyball
    • Season: Oct 22 – Nov 14
    • Registration: Closed (Oct 4 – Oct 18)
  • 3-on-3 Basketball
    • Season: Dec 2 – Dec 6
    • Registration: Nov 11 – Nov 29
  • 4v4 Flag Football
    • Season: Ended (Sep 3 – Sep 26)
    • Registration: Closed (Aug 12 – Sep 13)
  • 6v6 Soccer
    • Season: Ended (Sep 11 – Oct 3)
  • Dodgeball
    • Season: Ended (Aug 28 – Oct 3)

All registration starts and ends at 10AM.

This year’s first intramural season has officially kicked off. With teams playing flag football, soccer, and dodgeball, it’s sure to be a fun start to the year. Here at Stetson, there are almost twenty different intramural sports available to students, including everything from basketball and volleyball to trivia. The difference between intramural sports and regular or club sports offered is that intramural teams compete against each other within the school.

Registration is closed for the season one sports. If you’re interested in them, you can still join next year, of course. Most intramurals for next season will open for registration on Oct. 4 and close on Oct. 25.

This season includes flag football, sand volleyball, and indoor futsal soccer. Futsal, an indoor version of soccer, is a good way to work on your foot maneuvering. It’s played on a gym floor with no turf, as opposed to indoor soccer. One sport in the second season, 3v3 Basketball, will open for registration on Nov. 11 and close on Nov. 29.
Season three opens in the spring semester, with most of the sport’s opening for registration on Jan. 6 and closing on Jan. 24. The only sports that differ from this schedule are Trivia and Battleship. Trivia has the same opening date but closes on Jan 30th, while Battleship opens on Feb. 21 and closes on March 13. The other sports included in this season are basketball, volleyball, and ultimate frisbee.

The last season of the school year opens for registration on March 9 and closes on March 27, except for the NCAA Bracket Challenge, which is only open on March 15-17. The other sports available during this season are arrow tag, floor hockey, softball, and ultimate frisbee again.

Anyone can sign up and you can even create your own team. Intramurals are a great way to build leadership skills, spend some time with friends, and stay active during the school year.

If you’re interested in intramurals and want to know more, you can always visit the Hollis Center for more information. To sign up, you’ll need to create an IM Leagues account.