Farewell from our 2016-2019 Managing Editor of Touchstone

Gabby Cassidy, Managing Editor - Touchstone

As much as I’ve tried to deny it, graduation is here and I really can’t believe it. Four years have come and gone so much faster than I ever realized they would. People always tell you it’s going to go fast and to make the most of it while you can, but it’s hard to take that to heart until graduation day is here and you realize time really has flown. I have had the unique opportunity and pleasure of working in Touchstone and student media since the beginning of my freshman year. It’s odd reflecting back on the person who was hired in October 2015 because she feels like a completely different person compared to who I am now. The next year I was hired as the head of Touchstone as well as was one of the founding members of Hatter Network as we know it today, and I have been able to grow and change with this organization in so many wonderful, beautiful ways over the past four years.

Stetson is my home. It’s a place I’ve come to love so much through all its ups and downs. I’ve made so many friends who I love dearly, had so many professors who have shaped my education and future, and spent time with advisers and mentors who I will stay in contact with for many years to come. I can honestly say there hasn’t been a single moment when I didn’t feel welcomed here. I’m going to miss this place and these people so much it hurts. I wouldn’t trade a single second of it for anything in the world and that’s because of all you amazing people I got to meet along the way. So thank you. Thank you all for the laughter and tears and memories. A piece of my heart will always remain here. This got sappier than I intended but I’ve never been one to hold back emotion.

For those of you who still have time here, hold on to it, cherish it, and make it count however you can.

Gabby Cassidy

Managing Editor, Touchstone