Press Release: The Forgotten Women Project

The following is a press release on behalf of The Forgotten Women Project featuring Stetson creative arts students 

The Forgotten Women Project is thrilled to announce a fashionable event for a great cause. The Living Textiles and Textile Design classes at Stetson University are pleased to collaborate with The Forgotten Women Project to bring you “Salvage: A Wearable Art Show.”

The wearable art show will be held at the Artisan Alley Garage in Deland, FL on Thursday, November 16th at 6:30pm. Tickets are available online at https://salvage.eventbrite.com: $15 for students and $30 for adults, or they can be bought from Living Textile students for a discounted price. Everyone is encouraged to attend this event, which will bring empowerment to those directly affected by domestic violence; and awareness to those who wish to support them.

The Forgotten Women Project is a nonprofit organization devoted to empowering survivors of abuse using artistic healing techniques, as well as educating people regarding the effects of abuse through community involvement. These Stetson students will be showcasing outfits they have designed, which are inspired by texts related to experiences involving domestic abuse. They have been working in partnership with the Project’s founder, Marjorie Bostwick, to host this event.

Twitter @FW_Project

Instagram @ForgottenWomenProject

Website: forgottenwomenproject.org

Facebook: forgottenwomenproject